Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Writer's Block?More Than Likely It's Burn-Out.

I didn't work on any of my projects both yesterday and today. No, it's not that I'm lazy, it's called writer's block by some in this profession. That's not the case with me. I call it life just getting in the way. I recently finished the piece for my  mom's birthday. I was at it every day for about two weeks for 10-hours each day. Man I'm cross-eyed, and feeling burnt out. It happens to me sometimes when I really focus on a project and think of nothing else. I put all of my creative energy into it, and more often than not I forget to eat. I just drink Dr. Pepper and smoke instead.

I know I'll be at it again soon. I'm working on my application piece for the Ontario Arts Council. I hope to get a grant from them so that I can finish the research and write a long work. The grants are worth peanuts. But when you make peanuts, any little bit helps. I'll post the application piece once it's finished. I hope someone will read it and give me feedback. It's pretty graphic, but sets up a very, very riveting plot. Jeez, I hope I'll make kajillions of dollars on it internationally.... Seriously, I do hope for that. More importantly though, it's a compelling story, based on actual events in January 2009 through to November 2009. It deserves to be told. I'm good at this sort of stuff. ... Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment