Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Visit With My Parents

I love my parents. They're great. They've seen me commit countless stupidities, and still they haven't disowned me. You see, I can be a bit too much to handle sometimes. It's just me. I don't purposely go out to be an idiot, but life happens and idiocy does too.

I had a nice chat about nothing in particular with my dad on the way from Stratford to London: it's about 72km one way. No sooner had I walked in the door than mom asks if I'm hungry. I look thin. I really should eat something. I told her no, that I ate before dad picked me up. She wouldn't give... I have a secret weapon in this kind of situation. It's called Winners & Homesense. I said we should go. All thoughts of food evaporated and we went window shopping. That's kind of it: just another ordinary day. I'm taking a break from writing until tomorrow evening. I'm still not happy with the ending to "Storm Drain". If anyone reads this... make your way to that short, short story and let me know how the ending feels to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment