Friday, November 27, 2009

A Visit With My Parents: Conclusion

I've been back in Stratford for a couple of hours now. My visit to my parents turned out to be very nice. Generally visits with them are quite exhausting, but not this time. Yes I brought my laundry as usual, as well as my grocery list. But what didn't happen was the offers of my mom to do basically everything for me. I realize that the offers are made out of love, but I am an adult after all and can do things for myself. Perhaps gentle winds of change are blowing at my folks' place. I truly appreciate using their washer and dryer, and their car to run around London and do my errands. Cool. And I still appreciate mom's care packages. They really help this cash-starved writer out. But the nicest part happened as my dad dropped me off at my place.

"When are you coming again?" He asked.
"The week after next," I replied.
"Good. It will be nice to see you."

He helped bring my groceries and clean laundry to the elevator, and he was off back to London.

Yes. It was a nice visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment